Food Safety & Hygiene is everybody’s Business the provision of safe & nutritious food in hospitals for patients, staff & visitors is a major undertaking based on points listed below:
- A food safety control system in place with specific guidelines & policies in place.
- Food is prepared & served in accordance with recognized food safety procedures & legislation Combination of Good Management Team.
- Staff trained in safe hygiene practices & catering skills,
- Appropriate Quality Controls
- Monitoring of Food quality temperature failures at the point of serving meals to patients.
- Using microwaves at ward level
- Schedule of cleaning of kitchen area & implementing pest control program.
- Health checkup of staff & vaccination status at time of recruitment & periodically.
- Periodical inspection & auditing of the catering department